If you have a story and want to tell the world, but not quite sure how to go about it, then think of these key steps:
- Write the basic story – 1.5 hours
- Figure out who the protagonist is – 0.5 hours
- Write the perfect first line – 1 hour
- Create a scene list – 2 hours
- Research – 3 hours
- Write / edit / write / edit – 10+ hours
- Publish – 1 hour
A great story has a beginning, a middle and an ending. We must know who the characters are. Try and describe nouns (people, things, animals and places.) Describe actions and most of all, write a great ending.
Today is always a good time to start.
All the best and good luck. EJ